Monday 8 June 2015

EXAM TIPS 101

Okay so a lot of people have already sat their exams but if you're doing A Levels...the nightmare is about to begin. For me, my first exam is tomorrow and I'm doing nothing but revising. Here are my top 3 tips for your revision!


Tip no. 1: Learn in the way that suits you, not other people! In class, you're normally taught my spider diagrams or mind maps and if that suits you then great but if not, make your own style! Anagrams, writing and re-writing, cue cards, etc are just some of the ones I use!

Tip no. 2: Take breaks! It's been shown that short bursts of revision with little breaks is the best way to help the information sink in otherwise your brain goes into overdrive. For me, it's normally 45minutes of revision and a 15 minute break (or longer if you haven't eaten like now!). I know you want to do your best but sometimes, breaks are best.

Tip no. 3: Try to stay positive. One of the hardest things to do when revising for exams, trust me I know! But if you aren't thinking positively then you're thinking negatively and that can seriously damage your chances of taking in information! If something isn't working, try something else. If your environment is too loud, go somewhere else. Do what's best for you, stay positive and stay calm.

That's it for today's post. I know it's a little different and tomorrow's will be another beauty post but this is something close to me right now, really close like tomorrow so I thought I'd share some tips! 

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment