Thursday 26 November 2015

L'OREAL COLOUR RICHE COLLECTION

Recently I found this collection of lipsticks by L'oreal (I'm not sure if it's a new collection or just new to me) and I couldn't wait to pick some up. The three collections are nudes, pinks and reds. Here's what they look like...

These lipsticks are available in both Boots and Superdrug so they're quite easily to pick up and it's even better when they're 3 for 2! At their original price however, these lipsticks are £6.99 so not the cheapest collection but far off high end. Here are some shade swatches:


Left to Right: Julianna's Nude, Liya's Delicate Rose, Blake's Pure Red.

These swatches are on bare skin with no primer used. Julianna's nude is the most sheer out of the three with a slight glossed finish. It's a beautiful nude but I do prefer to wear this with a lip gloss on top to give it a bit more shine. Liya's pink is a little different than what you'd expect when you first look at the lipstick. In the tube it looks a lot more vibrant, but for me this is a good thing. Personally, this is a lot more wearable than I first expected and that's always a bonus! Blake's red is a little brighter than the swatch shows, it's more of a classic red than a deep red. It's identical to how it looks in the tube, however it doesn't come off this deep on the lips (which I have to admit I was a little disappointed about). 

The formula is really creamy and they glide onto the lips, however one thing I will say is that you have to be careful when applying them otherwise they slip in the tubing and lean onto the packaging but you can just give them a little push back. I found that, especially the red one, wore extremely well and lasted through me eating, smoking cigarettes and general day to day activities, not something I can say for some of my alternatives!

The rest of this collection is on my Christmas list and the ones I don't get as a gift...I'll be purchasing myself. I highly recommend these as an alternative to high end lipsticks and they aren't going to break the bank either!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you soon for another post!
Allie x

No comments:

Post a Comment