Saturday 28 November 2015

ROALD DAHL - HOUSE OF TWITS

Since most of you know that I adore both of my nieces, I've been asked to review a new mobile app 'House of Twits'. This is solely based around the characters within Roald Dahl's 'The Twits' and the art is inspired by Quentin Blake. Here are some images of what the app looks like:

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own.

For starters, the illustrations are absolutely fantastic, you'd think they were the original ones from the book itself! I have to say I was more impressed with the app than I expected and since it's in partnership with 'Penguin', you can be sure that your children are safe in their hands! 

Personally, I'd say that the app is most suitable for children aged 5-10 as it does involve some reading but the games should be rather entertaining for their age range. My three year old niece wouldn't be able to use this app and my 13 year old niece would be bored of it. The game on a basic level involves 'tricking' the two twits and gaining points until you reach the next level. If you've read the book, you know that Mrs Twit has a glass eye and funny enough, you can actually pull this out whilst playing the game!

The one thing I will say is to use parental discretion. I won't say that this is suitable for every child since every child is different and some just won't find this app interesting but I will say that it's worth looking into (especially if they're a fan of Roald Dahl). 

You can watch the trailer here.
You can find the app here.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and are having a lovely day. 
I'll see you soon for another post!
Allie x

No comments:

Post a Comment