Thursday 10 December 2015

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

My family aren't really in the festive mood right now, you should have seen us putting up the Christmas tree last night...since when is it a chore?! But, even if our moods are low and tempers high, there are certain things that we always do in the Christmas spirit,


Yes, they are my own personal tree decorations that I've had for years, although I'm still missing an auntie one, wink wink! So I guess number one on the list is that we make everything personal! The cards that we write express how much we love each other, how grateful we are and generally go through a recap of the past year. For us, the card can mean more than the presents so they presumably need more thought, right?

Second on the list - food! Oh wow, where to start! We go waaaaay overboard with food. You may be sitting there thinking, how can you go overboard on food? Well...the shopping that we do at Christmas generally lasts us months after Christmas and the chocolate lasts year round! Nobody in their right mind needs that much food in their house at one time but hey, I guess you now know how our minds work ;)

Thirdly and lastly, we're together. There's been one year where my sister and nieces weren't with us and it just wasn't the same. We wake up Christmas morning from our own beds, open the presents and then my parents go and pick up my sister, nieces and nan...that's just how it is here. Together. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, I know they aren't your typical traditions but we aren't your typical family ;) Have a lovely day and I'll see you soon for another post!
Allie x

No comments:

Post a Comment