Tuesday 12 January 2016

NEW YEAR...NEW ME?

Personally, I don't believe in the whole 'dieting' come January. If you want to change your ways then do it when you're ready, not by the calendar. However, this year it just so happened that January was the time I was ready for my change.


What you see above is only some of the chocolate I have left from Christmas and this is sitting in my wardrobe (I don't trust it to be anywhere else the way I'm craving!). I've always been a 'big' child and as I grew up we noticed a pattern. Whatever my age was, that was my weight so basically I put on a stone every year. 12 years old = 12 stone. 15 years old = 15 stone and I'm now nearly 19 and guess what...I'm nearly 19 stone. Well, I was until now. 

Last Monday (4th January 2016) I decided that enough was enough and that I wanted to be healthy. I want to feel and look healthier. Now, I swear that my eating is an addiction but every addiction can be broken and so since then, I have been eating only fresh, home cooked meals. No processed food, no junk food and absolutely no chocolate or crisps (they are my two weaknesses). You may be wondering 'but why now' and honestly, I have absolutely no idea. Nothing shocked me into doing this, I haven't had some medical problem arise or anything like that, I just feel ready.

Until now, I didn't really understand what a home cooked meal was. For years, I've pretty much lived off of frozen food like chicken steaks in bread crumbs, pizza, things like that and I didn't understand how you could make a meal without those types of foods. Something just clicked. I can see myself continuing this journey in the future and it making a difference to my life whereas before it was just a fad. 

One thing I will say is that this is not a new year's resolution because personally, I don't know about you guys but, I never stick to them. Plus, that label just doesn't seem to give this lifestyle change the credit that it deserves. I am extremely proud of how far I have come in the past week, it's truly unbelievable. If that wasn't enough, I have lost about 5lb's already (I know it comes off quickly at first but I can still get excited about it, right?). I wanted to share this part of my life with you all and in a way, tell you that eventually, you'll get to the right mindset for whatever you want to do, whether that's changing your lifestyle or quitting smoking or even improving your blog and putting more time into it. The time will come.

I hope you're having a great day, please feel free to comment down below or tweet me!
I'll see you soon for another post. 
Allie x

2 comments:

  1. I'm very similar to you with my weight gains! I'm now doing slimming world (i can eat so much on it) and love the changes I've seen! Good luck with your journey xo

    Www.studentpaperie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried weightwatchers but it just didn't work for me, I just replaced the crap with the approved crap haha! Good luck with slimming world!xx

      Delete